Trach, Vent and Respiratory Compromise for the
Speech-Language Pathologist – Recording
Presented by Lori Burkhead Morgan, PhD, CCC-SLP
Course available from March 23, 2022 to March 21, 2027
Registration Fee: $250 for Speech-Language Pathologists
After this course, you will be able to…
- Learners will discuss relationships between anatomy, physiology, and neurophysiology for breathing, coughing, and swallowing.
- Learners will describe the impact of respiratory dysfunction on verbal communication and swallowing.
- Learners will identify at least one evidence-based treatment to target both the respiratory system and swallowing.
- Learners will list three methods to successfully implement a trach team.
- 0-125 minutes – Foundations & Evolution of Respiration, Swallowing & Verbal Communication
- 125-235 minutes – Learning the Language of Respiratory Health and Disease
- 235-335 minutes – SLP in the ICU: Critical contribution in critical care
- 335-410 minutes – Evaluation and Treatment in the ICU
- 410-480 minutes – Documentation, Case Review & Discussion
Dr. Burkhead Morgan has been a practicing speech-language pathologist since 1994 in a variety of healthcare settings, including a Level-1 trauma center, inpatient rehabilitation, an outpatient otolaryngology practice, and as medical school faculty conducting research, teaching and maintaining a clinical practice. She earned a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences from University of Florida in 2005, focusing on applying exercise science principles to communication and swallowing rehabilitation. During nearly 30 years of clinical and academic endeavors, she has developed an expertise in evaluation & treatment of medically complex patients. Dr. Burkhead Morgan is a sought-after speaker, presenting both domestically and internationally. She is a published author on the topic of dysphagia, exercise science as it relates to dysphagia. She is best-known for teaching clinicians how to bridge the gap between research and clinical application.
Lori Burkehead Morgan receives a salary from the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University and also at the University of Georgia. She will receive a speaking fee from MedSLP Education for this presentation.
No non-financial disclosures.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you after the presentation. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslped.com/cancellation-policy/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Here for Trach, Vent and Respiratory Compromise for the Medical SLP