Show me the numbers: Using clinical data to quantify swallowing
Presented by Corinne Jones, PhD, CCC-SLP
$297 for Speech-Language Pathologists
COURSE AVAILABLE FROM FEBRUARY 1, 2022 to FEBRUARY 1, 2027
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Learners will define different types of data.
- Learners will identify methods for quantifying function in clinical swallowing evaluations (CSE), fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES), and modified barium swallow studies (MBSS), pressure measurement tools, and electromyography (EMG) studies.
- Learners will list the pros and cons of different quantification methods.
- 0-60 minutes- Introduction and Data 101
- 60-105 minutes – Patient-reported outcomes
- 105-165 minutes – Clinical bedside measures
- 165-255 minutes – MBSS measures
- 255-300 minutes- FEES measures
- 300-390 minutes -Pressure and EMG Measures
- 390-420 minutes- Other swallowing measurement devices
- 420-450 minutes – Wrap-up and caveats to clinical data
- 450-480 minutes- Live question/answer session
Corinne Jones, PhD, CCC-SLP is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences and Neurology at The University of Texas at Austin and a speech-language pathologist at UT Health Austin. Her research interests include motor control and motor learning of swallowing behaviors, innovative evaluation of swallowing disorders, and rehabilitation of dysphagia due to neurodegenerative conditions.
- Speaker fees from “Medical SLP Education”
- Salary from University of Texas at Austin and UT Health Austin
- International HRM working group; I am a member of this organization.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you after the presentation. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslped.com/cancellation-policy/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Register Here for
Show Me the Numbers: Using Clinical Data to Quantify Swallowing