All Things Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) for the SLP
“This course covers all things spinal cord injury. From general anatomy to all the changes the human body goes through after a spinal cord injury. This includes breathing, swallowing, skin changes, bowel and bladder changes, sexuality, psychological well-being, caloric intake…changes we need to be better informed on so we can work better with our colleagues. This course is different from typical courses…We’re going to take the road less traveled.” – Michelle Dehgan, M.A. CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The impact of SCI on the body system as a whole and how that impacts the SLP plan of care.
- How to apply core SCI knowledge to dysphagia and communication case studies to anticipate challenges.
- How to plan treatment sessions for the SCI population that incorporates breathing, voice, swallowing, and cognition.
Here’s how your medical SLP practice will transform:
- Create highly relevant and realistic goals for SCI patients
- Become more comfortable looking at medical records and piecing together what might be contributing to your SCI patients’ barriers
- Confidently work alongside other SCI professionals for holistic care and improved advocacy.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.