Trach, Vent and Respiratory Compromise for the SLP
Presented by Lori Burkhead Morgan, PhD, CCC-SLP
Registration Fee: $297 for Speech-Language Pathologists
Recording available March 21, 2022 – March 21, 2027
- Learners will discuss relationships between anatomy, physiology, and neurophysiology for breathing, coughing, and swallowing.
- Learners will describe the impact of respiratory dysfunction on verbal communication and swallowing.
- Learners will identify at least one evidence-based treatment to target both the respiratory system and swallowing.
- Learners will list three methods to successfully implement a trach team.
- 0-20 minutes: Introduction
- 20-160 minutes: Neuroanatomy
- 160-190 minutes: Cognition and Language
- 190-230 minutes: Neurology Diagnostics
- 230-305 minutes: Impairments and Diagnoses
- 305-370 minutes: Assessment
- 370-410 minutes: Treatment
- 410-565 minutes: Case Application
- 565-570 minutes: Take Home Messages
RECORDED COURSE AGENDA
- 0-125 minutes – Foundations & Evolution of Respiration, Swallowing & Verbal Communication
- 125-235 minutes – Learning the Language of Respiratory Health and Disease
- 235-335 minutes – SLP in the ICU: Critical contribution in critical care
- 335-410 minutes – Evaluation and Treatment in the ICU
- 410-480 minutes – Documentation, Case Review & Discussion
Speaker Information and Disclosures
Lori Burkhead Morgan, PhD, CCC-SLP
Part-Time Assistant Professor, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University and also at the University of Georgia.
Dr. Burkhead Morgan has been a practicing speech-language pathologist since 1994 in a variety of healthcare settings, including a Level-1 trauma center, inpatient rehabilitation, an outpatient otolaryngology practice, and as medical school faculty conducting research, teaching and maintaining a clinical practice. She earned a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences from University of Florida in 2005, focusing on applying exercise science principles to communication and swallowing rehabilitation. During nearly 30 years of clinical and academic endeavors, she has developed an expertise in evaluation & treatment of medically complex patients. Dr. Burkhead Morgan is a sought-after speaker, presenting both domestically and internationally. She is a published author on the topic of dysphagia, exercise science as it relates to dysphagia. She is best-known for teaching clinicians how to bridge the gap between research and clinical application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslped.com/cancellation-policy/
Please contact us at [email protected]
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
Once you have registered, the course information will appear at the bottom of this page. You can also access all your courses on the My Account tab of this website.