Show Me the Numbers: Using Clinical Data to Qualify Swallowing
Presented by Corinne Jones, PhD, CCC-SLP
Registration Fee: $297 for Speech-Language Pathologists
RECORDING AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 1, 2022 to FEBRUARY 1, 2027
After this course, you will be able to…
- Learners will define different types of data.
- Learners will identify methods for quantifying function in clinical swallowing evaluations (CSE), fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES), and modified barium swallow studies (MBSS), pressure measurement tools, and electromyography (EMG) studies.
- Learners will list the pros and cons of different quantification methods.
- 0-20 minutes: Introduction
- 20-160 minutes: Neuroanatomy
- 160-190 minutes: Cognition and Language
- 190-230 minutes: Neurology Diagnostics
- 230-305 minutes: Impairments and Diagnoses
- 305-370 minutes: Assessment
- 370-410 minutes: Treatment
- 410-565 minutes: Case Application
- 565-570 minutes: Take Home Messages
RECORDED COURSE AGENDA
- 0-60 minutes- Introduction and Data 101
- 60-105 minutes – Patient-reported outcomes
- 105-165 minutes – Clinical bedside measures
- 165-255 minutes – MBSS measures
- 255-300 minutes- FEES measures
- 300-390 minutes -Pressure and EMG Measures
- 390-420 minutes- Other swallowing measurement devices
- 420-450 minutes – Wrap-up and caveats to clinical data
- 450-480 minutes- Live question/answer session
Speaker Information and Disclosures
Corinne Jones, PhD, CCC-SLP is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences and Neurology at The University of Texas at Austin and a speech-language pathologist at UT Health Austin. Her research interests include motor control and motor learning of swallowing behaviors, innovative evaluation of swallowing disorders, and rehabilitation of dysphagia due to neurodegenerative conditions.
- Speaker fees from “Medical SLP Education”
- Salary from University of Texas at Austin and UT Health Austin
- International HRM working group; I am a member of this organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslped.com/cancellation-policy/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at [email protected]
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
How do I access my course information?
Once you have registered, the course information will appear at the bottom of this page. You can also access all your courses on the My Account tab of this website.